Using SMS Features within TIPS Portal
Assigning a Provisioned SMS Number
As an Office Manager, you can assign a provisioned SMS number to any user within your portal. The TIPS Team will set the treatment as Available so you can assign it to a user or call queue.
To assign a number:
- Login to the portal https://portal.trueipsolutions.com/ (Office Manager Role).
- Go to Inventory.
- Click SMS Numbers sub-tab.
- Click the number or the pencil button to edit.
- Within the treatment drop down, select User or Call Queue.
- Insert the extension in the text field below.
Utilizing the SMS Feature for Single User
- Login to the portal https://portal.trueipsolutions.com/.
a. If you are logged as an Office Manager, you will need to switch from your 'Organization' portal to your 'Basic User' portal.
b. Click on your name on the top right corner, and select My Account.
- Select Messages.
- Selecting an existing conversation will display.
- Click on Reply to display the chat window and resume the conversation.
If you are starting a new conversation:
- Click on New Conversation.
- Type in the User or Telephone Number you wish to send the message to. You can add additional contacts if want to send a message to multiple people.
- Click Start.
Using a SMS with a Call Queue
- Manage a call queue's SMS settings by entering the call queue edit modal or adding a completely new call queue. Insert any desired keywords or automated messages that you would like the incoming SMS originator to receive during initiation or termination of the message session.
- Next, you need to edit an SMS capable number to be treated as a Call Queue number and assign it to your chosen call queue.
- You can now add agents to the call queue and set their Max SMS Session count in the edit agents queue modal.
Call Center Agent Usage
- When an incoming message has been sent into the queue, call center agents assigned to the queue will receive a Queue Session Invite.
- Upon accepting, the call center agent will have ownership of the active queue message session for the duration of the conversation. In order to complete the session, the call center agent can press End or the originator can type the termination message for that call queue.
- Several new call queue statistics are available to call center supervisors. SMS Volume (SMS_VOL) is the number of SMS sessions that were handled for a queue. SMS Average Handle Time (SMS_AHT) is the average time it took an agent to handle an SMS session from the time of accepting until ending.
Bulk Editing Users within TIPS Portal
We have introduced a new feature that will allow you to bulk edit multiple users within the TIPS Portal. Items that can be bulk edited are as follows - Site Department Scope (Office Manager, Call Center Agent, Call Center Supervisor) Caller ID ...
Prerequisites To utilize the Webphone feature, please ensure you have the following: A microphone/headset Your TIPS Portal Username and Password - Please submit a ticket if you need us to reset/provide. Google Chrome Logging In Go to ...
TIPS Mobile for Android
TIPS Mobile is a SIP soft client that extends VoIP functionality provided by True IP Solutions beyond the land line or desk top. It brings features of the TIPS platform directly to end-user's mobile devices as a Unified Communications solution. With ...
Using the TIPS Mass Notification Tool
Introduction: The TIPS Mass Notification Tool is used to send Voice, SMS, or E-Mail to a large group of people that can be sent immediately, or to a future date/time. This feature only works when enabled by True IP Solutions. If you are interested in ...
TIPS Fax Platform
This article goes over how to setup Faxing within the TIPS User Portal. Office Manager is required to set Faxing for their end users. Users that use MFPs or Fax Machines will need an ATA provided by TIPS. Lastly, you can port your existing numbers or ...